Strengthening the capacity to anticipate and reduce the impact of drought through enhancing knowledge and skills for drought risk reduction practices as an integral part of the development process at community, national, sub-regional and regional levels.
The online course will:
- create greater awareness about effective drought risk management and responses;
- provide comprehensive knowledge on drought disaster preparedness, mitigation and rehabilitation;
- enable learners to carry out risk assessment and vulnerability analysis;
- generate awareness of the institutional mechanism, mobilization and participation in drought disaster management; and,
- provide access to updated quality materials in support of specific subject areas for drought risk management.