Strengthening the capacity of water managers and professionals in different areas of water management with the tools and knowledge to establish the linkages between gender and the four pillars of IWRM, and successfully incorporate gender mainstreaming in their work.
The online course will provide participants with:
- Increased awareness about effective gender mainstreaming approaches and strategies in IWRM;
- Comprehensive tools of incorporating a gender approach in water management
- Strengthened overview of gender mainstreaming in the areas of domestic and drinking water, sanitation, agriculture and climate change
- In-depth knowledge of the current issues of not having a gender approach in place, the benefits of incorporating this approach, and how to obtain those benefits.
- Comprehensive understanding of available sex-disaggregated indicators for water assessment, monitoring and reporting
Interested participants must complete the online registration form, before Tuesday 2nd September, 2016. In addition to contact information, the online form requires participants to provide the following information:
Required: A short profile: describing educational and professional background; experience in water resources management, capacity development or decision making on water; participation in networks and/or alliances; any other relevant information related to the course subject.
Required: Motivation and commitment text: explaining your interest in participating in the course; availability to dedicate at least 4 hours per week during the course duration and participate in the course activities; and your expectations in terms of how you will apply and share the acquired contents in your field of work and with your colleagues.
Optional: A 1-page letter of institutional support: through which the institution where you work expresses interest in your participation in the course; explains why this will be an important training for you and the institution.
This course is (co)-organized by
September 19, 2016 - November 23, 2016