To strengthen the motivation and skills of water professionals to write about and document their experiences, resulting in higher quality and quantity of papers, reports, articles, blog posts, briefing notes and other forms of communication.
The specific objective of this course is to develop writing skills around the topic of rural water supply and poverty reduction so that experiences and evidence resulting from successes and failures can help improve the quality of future water research, policy and implementation, and encourage more investment in the sector.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- have skills, know-how and confidence to share their experiences, ideas and recommendations in a written form that is action-oriented
- understand who they are writing for, what their message is and what action they want their audiences to take as a result
- have gained a better understanding of various document structures,
- understand how to put forward a case or argument, using references to justify assertions with evidence
- have received tips and advice to help them with the writing process
- have a final version of a document by 1 September 2016
A new edition of his course is not planned for the moment. Please subscribe to the Cap-Net newsletter to receive latest news and information of coming courses, or contact Damian Indij, Cap-Net Virtual Campus Coordinator.