To strengthen the motivation and skills of water professionals to write about and document their experiences, resulting in higher quality and quantity of papers, reports, articles, blog posts, briefing notes and other forms of communication.
The specific objective of this course is to develop writing skills around the topic of rural water supply and poverty reduction so that experiences and evidence resulting from successes and failures can help improve the quality of future water research, policy and implementation, and encourage more investment in the sector.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- have skills, know-how and confidence to share their experiences, ideas and recommendations in a written form that is action-oriented
- understand who they are writing for, what their message is and what action they want their audiences to take as a result
- have gained a better understanding of various document structures,
- understand how to put forward a case or argument, using references to justify assertions with evidence
- have received tips and advice to help them with the writing process
- have a final version of a document by 1 September 2016
Interested participants must complete the online registration form, before Tuesday 31 May, 2016. In addition to contact information, the online form requires participants to provide the following information:
Required: A short profile: describing educational and professional background; experience in water resources management, capacity development or decision making on water; participation in networks and/or alliances; any other relevant information related to the course subject.
Required: Motivation and commitment text: explaining your interest in participating in the course; availability to dedicate at least 4 hours per week during the course duration and participate in the course activities; and your expectations in terms of how you will apply and share the acquired contents in your field of work and with your colleagues.
Optional: A draft document (up to 2,000 words) on any topic within the scope of SDG6 “Ensure access to water and sanitation for all” – a focus on rural water supply is preferred. This document (for instance an article, paper or briefing note) will either be drafted or developed through the course.
This course is (co)-organized by
June 13, 2016 - September 1, 2016